A Little Horsing Around

When I came to Reno last winter, I began attending Bible Study Fellowship in Sparks.  My group discussion leader shared with me about the Reno Rescue nonprofit that her daughter lead.   She told me about how they rescue abused horses giving them a loving home.   They then use the same horses that had been mistreated to help people who have emotional or physical challenges.  

I was delighted when I learned that Grace Church would be hosting a Reno Love, volunteer workday, at their new property.  Today, I had the pleasure of joining one of the volunteer teams clean the debris from the mountain meadow.  There was a ton of other work that was accomplished by many others  throughout the day:  fences were built, picnic tables were painted, stables were built and the barn was restored.  

Having the personal connection of knowing the work was helping a family I knew made the work all that more special.  Grace Church regularly has Reno Love volunteer work days to practically demonstrate the love of Christ where they live.






Comments

Popular Posts