Who is my Shepherd?


My Grandmother had this Psalm 23  displayed throughout her home.  When I hear it read it always brings her and her faith to mind.   The crocheted cross bookmaker in the photo above belonged to her.

“The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: He leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; Thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: Thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: And I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.”‭‭. Psalm‬ ‭23‬ KJV


This past weekend, the IF:Gathering conference committed all of their teachings to this one passage of scripture.  I wrote so many notes from the teachings, but these ones are the highlight for me:  

“When God is with us, it is like a person holding and comforting a baby lamb.  …. The sweetest word is ‘my’.  ‘The Lord is my shepherd’ ”  - Ann Voskamp

I experienced this first hand when I visited Petra in Jordan with a friend and his family almost 15 years ago.

Another nugget of wisdom was: “If Jesus Christ cannot satisfy you nothing else will”.    God has all we need to fulfill our hunger.  

  • 2 Corinthian 3:21
  • Romans 12:19
  • Colossians 1:17
  • 1 John 3:1





 



Comments

Popular Posts