About


My name is Susan Cannon.  These two geese crossed my path in Reno earlier this year.  They are a reminder to me of several geese that flew by me while walking along a trail in Montrose, Colorado many years ago.  My friend from church, Nancy, had just recently told me how geese were considered by the Celtic Christians to be a symbol of the Holy Spirit.  The dove is more commonly recognized a symbol of the Holy Spirit.

"The wild goose, in addition to the dove, is a Celtic Christian symbol for the Holy Spirit. Sometimes God’s Spirit hovers comfortingly like a dove. But the Spirit also, like a wild and unpredictable goose, surprises us and disturbs our plans. "  - Robert B. Kruschwitz, Director of The Center for Christian Ethics, Baylor University.

This blog shares my faith journey.   I've taken the name "flying geese" after a quilt pattern to commemorate the Celtic Christian symbol for the Holy Spirit.


Comments

Popular Posts